Everything you eat makes you bloated. You think of yourself as a healthy person, but you’re dragging yourself through the day. And you get headaches all too frequently.
Are you feeling any of these symptoms? Or more…
- Nasal congestion
- Itchy skin
- Sensitive or tender skin
- Bloating and gas
- Achy all over
- Stubborn weight gain
- Bad breath
- Sensitivity to scents
What’s going on here? You’re not sick enough to go to the doctor, but you’re not vibrantly healthy either.
If you’re experiencing these symptoms on a regular basis, it could be a sign of toxicity.
How We Get Toxic
Many organs have detoxification as one of their functions in the body. The liver is a significant player in the body’s natural detox system, with the kidneys and intestines also playing a role. The lungs and skin add to the body’s detox system, and the lymph system plays a crucial role.
Too much stress and poor lifestyle choices overwhelm your body’s natural detoxification system. This can leave you struggling with troublesome symptoms that keep you from the people and things you enjoy.
What To Do About It
There are many ways to help yourself detoxify.
- Drink more water to help your kidneys do their job. Aim for half your body weight in ounces.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day to get your body moving and aid the lymph system and lungs.
- Get a good daily supply of digestion-supportive probiotics, found in foods such as kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut, Kombucha tea, miso soup, tempeh, and kim chi.
- When you brush your teeth, also brush your tongue — or use a tongue scraper—and change your toothbrush at least every three months.
- Practice deep breathing — supporting the lungs in removing toxins.
- Choose natural skin care products that are free of fragrances, sulfates, phthalates, parabens, and other potentially toxic ingredients.
- Choose whole and organic foods whenever possible.
How We Can Help
A visit with one of our clinicians at BeWell can help you make changes to support your ongoing detoxification. They can suggest foods, supplements, and lifestyle choices to help you see results quickly.
Make an appointment by calling 814 234-0785.
A formal detoxification program such as the one we provide here at BeWell Associates provides your body with all the nutrients it needs to support all the many pathways of detoxification. It is a safe, easy, and effective protocol that is followed for 28 days.
Our hone detox program consists of these products and complete instructions:
- VegieCleanse, a customized detox formula made into two daily smoothies
- PurePea, a high-quality nonallergenic protein shake
- Blender Bottle
- Detox Packets
- Menus that include unlimited fruits, vegetables, and additional lean proteins
- Shopping list
With just a little effort to detoxify, you’ll start feeling more energy, get better sleep, enjoy your food more, and support your body to stay optimally healthy.