We’ve gathered a few of the best recipes we could find for natural sanitizing and disinfecting.
Hand Sanitizer Recipe
While hot soap and water is the best way to clean your hands, a good natural hand sanitizer is great to have around. This one is from Dr. Rishi Desai, a former epidemic intelligence service officer in the division of viral diseases at the CDC, who says this recipe will kill 99.9% of germs after 60 seconds.
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent)
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel (to help keep your hands smooth and to counteract the harshness of alcohol)
- 10 drops of essential oil, such as lavender oil, or you can use lemon juice instead
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl, ideally one with a pouring spout like a glass measuring container.
- Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel.
- Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle for easy use, and label it “hand sanitizer.”
Natural Disinfecting Spray
When used properly, essential oils have wonderful disinfecting potential. This recipe for a disinfectant spray is great for both hard surfaces and fabric. It comes from essential oil enthusiast, Sarah Lewis, of ONEessentialCOMMUNITY.com.
Click HERE to get the recipe.