Seed Cycling is perfect for you if:
- You have an irregular cycle (skipped cycles or cycles that come too close together)
- You have estrogen dominant symptoms including depression, irritability, mood swings, breast tenderness, bloating, blood clotting, uterine fibroids, PCOS, weight gain around the hips/waist, fibrocystic breasts, endometriosis, reduced sex drive, fatigue, anxiety, brain fog, insomnia, hair loss, headaches, etc
- You’re a man with enlarged breasts, sexual dysfunction, or infertility
- You’re going through menopause and are experiencing hot flashes and/or night sweats
Hormones can become unbalanced due to:
- Excess exposure to environmental toxins, including:
- Parabens – preservatives used in cosmetics and other personal care products to prevent microbial growth are shown to possess endocrine disruptor activity. They interfere with normal hormonal function and can cause developmental, behavioral, and fertility issues.
- Perfumes – musk xylene and musk ketone are common chemical bases for perfume scents and have been linked to PMS, disruptions in the estrogen/progesterone balance, decreased ovarian function and infertility.
- Triclosan – antimicrobial used in hand sanitizing products and in antibacterial soaps are linked to thyroid and reproductive issues.
- Oxybenzone, Methoxycinnamate are endocrine disruptors found in sunscreens.
- Use of birth control pills or hormone replacement therapies. Synthetic birth control is not meant to be used for long periods of time.
- Digestive issues and liver congestion/detoxification issues.
- Stressful lifestyle – when more progesterone is used to make cortisol (the stress hormone) makes it low in relation to estrogen.
- Unresolved emotional issues – the mind-body connection is very powerful and unresolved emotions eventually cause physical ailments.
- Poor diets that are high in sugar and refined carbohydrates. The Paleo diet serves women with estrogen dominance well.
- Lifestyle choices like smoking and alcohol use.
How to Seed Cycle:
From day 1 (the first day of your period) to day 13, a woman is in her follicular phase. Use 2 tbsp of either ground flax seeds or pumpkin seeds which naturally boost estrogen and helps support this phase.
From Days 14-28, a woman