Stop guessing and START TESTING!
Get the answers — straight from your own body, with BeWell’s Functional Testing. Functional testing provides answers to those frustrated patients who have perfect bloodwork yet feel terrible.
Functional Tests are like an interview with your body. They ask questions about what is happening that only YOUR body can answer.
Once we know what your body needs, one of our nutritionists can suggest the supplements, dietary changes, and lifestyle adjustments that will help you feel your best.
Some of the tests we offer, but are not limited to:
- TRIAD – Comprehensive Metabolic Testing (Genova)
- Adrenal Stress Profile with Hormones – (DiagnosTechs)
- Food Allergy Testing – (Cyrex Labs, Genova)
- GI Map– Comprehensive Gastrointestinal Testing
The TRIAD test assesses the following:
- Vitamin and mineral sufficiency
- Functional status of B vitamins
- Methylation sufficiency status (B12 and Folate)
- Mitochondrial energy production (Lipoic acid and COQ 10 sufficiency)
- Oxidative stress and anti-oxidant sufficiency (Vitamin C, Vitamin E, etc.)
- Fat and carb metabolism
- Detoxification adequacy (liver pathways)
- Neurotransmitter metabolism (brain chemistry)
- Hidden bacteria and yeast infections- very common cause of digestive problems and fatigue
- Amino acid sufficiency (20 essential amino acids) tells us whether you are getting enough protein, digesting it and have enough to make brain chemicals, build muscle, detox liver, etc.
- Food sensitivities (90 foods-measures IgG antibodies)
- Intestinal hyperpermeability (Leaky Gut)
This test requires urine collection and blood work.
Adrenal Stress Profile
The adrenal glands are a command center for your endocrine system, which regulates metabolism, digestion, growth and development, tissue function, and mood. Low adrenal hormone levels can cause all of these symptoms, the result of chronic stress to your system from various sources.
The Adrenal Stress Profile measures your adrenal hormone levels throughout the day so that you can see what effect stress is having on your physiology. You will get the following information from this simple- to- collect saliva test:
- Your circadian cortisol rhythm
- DHEA, the master hormone builder in your body
- 17-0h progesterone, which represents your adrenal reserves
- Immune markers of the gut lining, which are effected by stress, and can make you more vulnerable to chronic yeast and bacterial infections
- Gluten allergy, which can often underlie adrenal problems
- Insulin resistance, which can be a side effect of long periods of high cortisol caused by sustained stress.
This test is a simple saliva collection four times during a single day.
The GI Map
The GI Map evaluates the large intestine. or colon, using the latest and most advanced DNA testing to assess:
- Healthy bacterial populations in the microbiome (type and amount) unfriendly, or dysbiotic bacterial populations
- Specific bacteria that can trigger autoimmune conditions
- h. Pylori and its virulence factors
- Parasites and worms
- Fat digestion
- Pancreatic enzyme production,
- pH of the colon
- Secretory IgA (immunity in the gut lining)
- Gluten reactivity
- Occult blood
- Metabolic markers
This test requires a single stool sample, collected at home.
Food Allergy Testing
We offer several ways to evaluate food allergies.
Call for a free 15 minute consultation to find out which is the best choice for you . It’s complicated!
A sample of the tests we offer:
- Wheat/Gluten Proteome Reactivity & Autoimmunity (looks at 24 markers for Gluten Sensitivity, Cyrex)
- Gluten-Associated Cross-Reactive Foods and Foods Sensitivity (Cyrex)
- 90 IgG4 foods (Genova)
- 87 IgG foods (delayed reactions) + 21 vegetarian foods + 19 IgE foods (immediate reactions) and 14 inhalants + 14 Spices (Genova)
|Alder Tree||English Plantain||Perennial Rye Grass|
|Australian Pine Tree||Eucalyptus Tree||Red Top|
|Bahia Grass||Giant Ragweed||Rough Marsh Elder|
|Bermuda Grass||Johnson Grass||Rough Pigweed|
|Birch Tree||June Grass (Kentucky Blue)||Russian Thistle|
|Brome Grass||Lamb’s quarters||Scale|
|Canary Grass||Maple Tree||Sweet Vernal Grass|
|Cat dander||Mesquite Tree||Timothy Grass|
|Cocklebur||Mite Generic||Total IgE|
|Cockroach||Mold Generic||Walnut Tree|
|Common Ragweed||Mountain Cedar Tree||Western Ragweed|
|Cottonwood Tree||Nettle||White Mulberry Tree|
|Cultivated Oat Grass||Oak Tree|
|Dog dander||Orchard Grass|
|Elm Tree||Pecan Tree|
|Anti-Deamidated Gliadin IgA (DGP IgA)|
|Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase IgA|
|Bay leaf||Fennel seed||Parsley|
|Apple||Egg white||Pinto bean|
|Beef||Green (string) bean||Raspberry|
|Beet||Green pepper||Red snapper|
|Blue Mussel||Egg White||Shrimp|