Stop guessing and START TESTING!
Our tests focus on identifying and addressing the root cause of problems while helping us take an individualized approach to our work with you.
Get the answers about what’s going on, straight from your own body, with BeWell’s Nutritional Testing. Nutritional testing provides valuable information to those frustrated patients who have perfect bloodwork yet feel terrible.
Nutritional Tests are like an interview with your body. They ask questions about what is happening that only YOUR body can answer. And you take the tests in the comfort of your own home!
Once we know what your body needs, one of our nutritionists can suggest targeted supplements, dietary changes, and lifestyle adjustments that will help you feel your best.
Here are just a few of the tests we offer:
- Adrenal Stress Profile with Hormones – (DiagnosTechs)
- Food Allergy Testing – (from Cyrex Labs and Genova)
- GI Map– Comprehensive Gastrointestinal Testing
- The DUTCH TEST – (Precision Analytical)
We also offer many forms of metabolic testing. Your clinical nutritionist will help you determine which test is best for you.
Here’s a sample of of the various tests: TRIAD, NutrEval, Metabolomix, IONS (blood and urine)
Here’s a sample of markers they assess:
- Vitamin and mineral sufficiency
- Functional status of B vitamins
- Methylation sufficiency status (B12 and Folate)
- Mitochondrial energy production (Lipoic acid, COQ 10 sufficiency, etc)
- Oxidative stress and anti-oxidant sufficiency (Vitamin C, Vitamin E, etc.)
- Fat and carb metabolism
- Detoxification adequacy (liver pathways)
- Neurotransmitter metabolism (brain chemistry)
- Hidden bacteria and yeast infections (SIBO and SIFO) which are very common causes of digestive problems and fatigue
- Amino acid sufficiency (20 essential amino acids) tells us whether you are getting enough protein, digesting it, and have enough to make brain chemicals, build muscle, detox liver, etc.
- Intestinal hyperpermeability (Leaky Gut)
- IgG, IgE, IgG4 Food Sensitivities/Allergies
Additional tests are available as add ons:
- Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids (Bloodspot)
- Toxic Element Clearance Profile (Urine)
- Comprehensive Urine Element Profile (Urine)
- Genomic Markers (Cheek Swab)
- MTHFR (Combined A1298C & C677T)
- COMT (V158M)
- Toxic Metals and Elements (DiagnosTechs-Techs) (saliva and urine)
Adrenal Stress Profile
The adrenal glands are a command center for your endocrine system, which regulates metabolism, digestion, growth and development, tissue function, and mood. Low adrenal hormone levels can cause all of these symptoms, the result of chronic stress to your system from various sources.
The Adrenal Stress Profile measures your adrenal hormone levels throughout the day so that you can see what effect stress is having on your physiology. You will get the following information from this simple- to- collect saliva test:
- Your circadian cortisol rhythm
- DHEA, the master hor