Gluten-free, egg-free, dairy free
- 1 cup softened virgin coconut oil (or unsalted butter if not vegan)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar, maple sugar, or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats*
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 to 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl beat together, using an electric mixer, the coconut oil, pumpkin, sugar, flax seeds, and vanilla extract. Add the remaining ingredients and beat together again.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While your oven is preheating let your cookie dough rest on the counter for 20 minutes. The oat flour will absorb some of the liquid during this time which helps the cookies hold their shape.
- Drop by the spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Remove cookies and place them onto a wire rack to cool. Cookies are best after they have cooled.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
*Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats, otherwise you risk cross-contamination.