- 1-2 lbs. turnips
- 1 container of heavy cream
- 3-4 tbsp. chicken stock
- 1 onion, sliced1 1/2 cups portabellas diced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 2 cups grated cheese (I used raw sharp cheddar), separated
- 1-2 tsp. tapioca starch, separated
- Slice turnips thinly and boil for 3-4 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- In separate pot, Heat butter and Sauté onion, mushrooms, and garlic until tender.
- Add thyme and 1 tsp. tapioca starch. Stir.
- Add cream, 1 1/2 cup cheese, and stock, whisk. Once the cheese starts to melt, add in 1 tsp. Tampico starch. Mixture should get thicker without getting ‘gummy’.
- Mix cheese mixture to turnips and place in a baking pan. I used a glass Pyrex dish. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles.