- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean, peels on
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- Place rack in upper and lower thirds of your oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil, then brush with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil each.
- Slice potatoes into 1/2 to 1/4 inch cross-sections (use a mandolin if you have one.)
- Arrange slices in a single layer on the oiled baking sheets, then brush tops with remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown underneath, rotating the pans 180 degrees and changing their positions on the upper/lower racks halfway through.
- Flip, then roast for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and smoked paprika.
- Mash lightly with a fork, but still leave the mixture slightly chunky. Set aside.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, then remove from pan and set between two paper towels set atop a dinner plate.
- Blot away excess grease and, when cool enough to handle, chop into small pieces.
- Once the crisps have baked, top each with a dollop of the avocado mixture, chopped bacon, and cilantro.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe from wellplated.com