- 6 medium or 10 small beets-cooked and cubed-you need about 2 cups worth
- 2 cups diced tart apple like Granny Smith
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. of unsalted butter *If sensitive to butter you can use Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray or butter your dish 9×13
- Combine all ingredients, throw in pan, cover and bake for 30 minutes, stir well and bake another 15 or until tender.
Recipe from The Joy of Cooking shared by our friend Helen S.