- 5 pounds of chicken wings
- 2 cups gluten-free ketchup (look for one that doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup)
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce (may need more or less depending on potency)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Place in slow cooker and cook for an hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the ketchup, vinegar, honey, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and onion powder to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain wings and place back in slow cooker. Add sauce and stir, making sure all wings are coated.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Stir before serving.
Note: If you don’t have time to cook the wings first, you can add everything to the crock at once. Just be sure to mix the sauce well before pouring it over top. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of the wings.