- 1lb sausage (I use spicy, sometimes sweet, your choice)
- 4 med. potatoes, cubed and peeled
- 1 lg. onion, diced
- 1/2 head of kale or swiss chard, (spinach if you can’t find one of the first), roughly chopped
- 4-6 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown 1lb sausage in a large pot
- Add Potatoes and onionAdd stock and simmer.
- I like to let this simmer a few hours on the stove. It’s really good on an autumn/winter day with garlic bread and a glass of wine.
- Just before serving, i like to add a touch of cream or milk, about ¼ cup to round it out. It helps cut the heat in the spicy sausage, although not necessary.
- You can use gluten-free bread if avoiding gluten or skip the bread all together.
From the kitchen of Stephanie D. in Everett, PA