Especially for the folks who can’t have tomatoes.
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 1 sm. onion, sliced
- 4 – 5 cloves garlic
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 4 – 5 red bell peppers, roasted
- (Bake peppers in 400 degree oven for 50 min, turning over halfway through, place roasted peppers in a plastic bag or sealable container for 8 – 10 minutes to steam, then remove skin, stem and seeds)
- Fresh or dried basil to taste
- 2 – 3 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 cup red wine
- Sauté garlic and onion in oil over medium heat for 5 – 8 minutes, don’t allow garlic to brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly and then transferring to blender or food processor in batches and blend until smooth. Return to pot and bring to a simmer – If sauce is too thin, add potato starch ½ Tb at a time until it is the consistency you prefer.
From the kitchen of Kris H.