- 3-4 lbs. of beef (roast or stew meat)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. of tomatoes, drained (I like the fire-roasted)
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (can add more if you want more heat)
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Add everything to a crock pot.
- Cook 4-6 hours.
- You can add any veggies that you would like, as well as any herbs. For example, you can use cilantro instead of oregano. This dish is versatile so you can make it anyway that you choose. You can even add some black beans or red kidney beans to make it more like chili.
- You can sprinkle with cheese or sour cream if you tolerate dairy.