This is a hearty soup that I came up with.
The lentils are nutty and the spices are very warming.
It is a gluten-free and dairy-free recipe.
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- Organic veggie stock (the boxed kind, not sure how many oz)
- 1 cp. sliced carrots
- Sliced green onions (use however many you would like)
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. sage
- Pinch of rosemary
- 1 cp. lentils (i used red and black, just to mix it up a bit)
- 1 cp. frozen spinach
- A few artichoke hearts (from a jar, chopped)
- Heat olive oil in a pot. Add garlic and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add carrots, onions, spices, and lentils. Cover and boil until tender.
- Add spinach and artichoke hearts.
- Cook until spinach is heated
From the kitchen of Angie