- 2 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 large mandarins, peeled and cut into segments
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine kale, red cabbage, red onion, red pepper, mandarins, and sunflower seeds in a salad bowl.
- In a smaller bowl or measuring cup, mix balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and Dijon mustard. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the dressing on the salad and toss until the leaves are well coated.
- Season with freshly ground pepper to taste and serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from www.tartineandapronstrings.com.