- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 can organic pumpkin
- ¼ cp. Almond milk or coconut milk
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Combine pecans and pumpkin seeds in a food processor. (They don’t have to be completely ground.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. of butter and mix with nuts. Cover the bottom of a glass dish. (I used a small 4X8 dish; a pie pan would work as well.
- Mix the pumpkin and the milk. You do not want the mixture to be runny, just enough to make it spreadable.
- Add nutmeg and cinnamon
- Spread pumpkin mixture over nut mixture and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- You can add an egg to the pumpkin mixture if you’d like to make it more traditional
- You can swap out the butter to make it dairy-free
- You can add some agave or stevia if you would like it a little sweeter All measurements are approximate. I typically don’t measure things.
From the kitchen of Angie.