- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 packet of stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 ground corriander
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken, whatever parts you like, skinned and cut
- In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine undrained tomatoes, onion, nuts, garlic, jalapeno peppers, cocoa powder, sesame seeds, sugar, salt and spices.
- Cover and blend until mixture is a coarse puree.
- In the crock pot, add chicken and then the sauce.
- Cover, and cook on low for 9 hours.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.