- 1 pkg. Chorizo Chicken Sausage, sliced* (I like to use Aidell’s)
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can of Northern Beans, with juice (you can add an extra can of beans if you desire)
- 32 oz. of chicken broth (I use Pacific Organic)
- 2 cups of fresh spinach, chopped (or you can use 1 small package of frozen spinach)
- 2-3 leaves of fresh basil (1-2 tsp. dried basil works as well)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in medium-sized soup pot.
2. Add sausage, onion, and garlic. Sauté until sausage is browned.
3. Add entire can of beans, with liquid. Add broth.
4. Stir in spinach and basil. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until cooked through.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for extra heat.
*Omit meat for vegetarian and vegan diets.
From the kitchen of Angie