A deliciously light soup that is full of flavor and a bit of spice.
- 1 pkg. Chorizo Chicken Sausage, sliced*
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can of Northern Beans, with juice (you can add an extra can of beans if you desire)
- ½ cup of water
- 1 small package of frozen spinach
- 2-3 leaves of fresh basil (1-2 tsp. dried basil works as well)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat olive oil in medium-sized soup pot.
- Add sausage, onion, and garlic. Sauté until sausage is browned.
- Add entire can of beans, with liquid. Add water.
- Stir in frozen spinach and basil. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until cooked through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for extra heat.
*Omit meat for vegetarian and vegan diets
From the kitchen of Angie