- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet cherries
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds* (optional)
- 1 tsp. maca powder* (optional)
- 1 tsp. cacao nibs* (optional)
- 1 cup almond, coconut, hemp, or cashew milk
- Ice, if desired
Hemp contains all of the amino acids to form complete protein, making it an excellent protein source for vegetarian and vegans. The seeds are a great source of essential fatty acids and can be added to smoothies, salads, or eaten raw.
Boasting a strong, earthy, slightly butterscotch flavor, maca is rich in mood-boosting B vitamins, amino acids, and brain-boosting fatty acids. The root has long been used in traditional medicine to combat fatigue and to help balance hormones.
Cacao is the raw form of chocolate and is one of the world’s richest sources of antioxidants. It is also an excellent source of magnesium.