- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 egg, beaten*
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella (or Daiya for dairy-free)
- Cut head of cauliflower into large chunks.
- You can either use a food processor OR a cheese grater to make cauliflower ‘rice’.
- Steam rice a few minutes in a steamer or in the microwave. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, egg, parmesan cheese, and spices; mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture onto the parchment paper and spread out to form a round pizza-like crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip the crust over. (I usually will lay another piece of parchment paper on top of the crust and flip the entire pan over to avoid breakage.)
- Cover with sauce and cheese. Bake 10 more minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Note: If you choose to add additional toppings, I would suggest cooking them first since you will only be baking the toppings for 10 minutes.
*Substitution: You can use 1 tbsp. ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp. of water for an egg substitute. Mix flax and water and let stand for 5 minutes before adding it to the recipe.