- 1 lb. ground turkey or hamburger, slightly cooked
- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2-4 tbsp. chili powder
- 1-2 hot peppers (optional)
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly sauté burger in a pan with 1 tsp. of olive or coconut oil. Add to crock pot.
- Add all other items to crock pot. Cook for 4-6 hours, depending on your crock.
Note: If you tolerate dairy, you can add a dollop of sour cream. You can also add grated cheese, guacamole, and olives.
From the kitchen of Angie J