Skip to content
Presentations & TeachingCarl Schaad2019-05-27T11:19:41-04:00
Presentations/Teaching Summary for Monica Montag
Organized two local conferences:
- Be Well Conference and Bazaar at the Days Inn Penn State, April 20, 1996 with 26 vendors’ tables and 9 presenters. Presented Nutritional Solutions for Women’s Health Concerns
- Day of Wellness April 21, 2001, Centre Community Hospital Surgi-Center various therapists demonstrated massage, CST, Reiki, acupuncture, etc, concurrent seminars; spoke on the Nutrition-Stress Connection and made Opening Remarks.
On Planning Committee of a Conference at Penn State University
- Alternative Health Care and Integrative Medicine Conference Planning Committee member, April 24, 1998, Nittany Lion Inn, State College.
Ongoing classes and seminar series for Penn State’s Health Matters Program (Human Resources Development Center)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (8 classes). Every Spring and Fall from 1997- 2006.
- Staying Energized on the Job and Beyond (2 classes). Every Spring and Fall from 1997- 2006.
- Conscious Eating, Spring and Fall, 1997-2005
- Changing from the Inside Out, November 21, 28, 2000
- The Nontoxic Home Series, Spring 1998, Fall 1998
- Holistic Lifestyle Series included various combinations of the following topics, from 1998-2006: Holistic Approach to Arthritis, Holistic Approach to Urinary Tract Infections, Holistic Approach to Eating for High-Energy, Breathe Easy: Holistic Approach to Sinus and Ear Infections, Holistic Approach to Acne, Holistic Approach to Insomnia, Holistic Approach to Headaches, Holistic Approach to Brain Health, Holistic Approach to Depression and others.
- Penn State Great Valley Campus, Fall 1999, Nutrition and Stress Connection
- PSU Altoona Women in Leadership Conference, May 1998, Avoiding Physical and Mental Burnout and Discover your Guiding Star
- PSU Altoona Staff Retreat, January 27, 1999, Capturing your Moments: Finding Health and Peace through Mindfulness
- Conscious Eating February 7, 1999
- Restoring the Sacred Rhythm of Rest, September 15 – December 15, 1999
- Destress from the Inside Out, September 15 – November 17, 1998
- Capturing Moments: Finding Health and Peace of Mind, March 14- April 18, 2000
- Forgiveness: Unlocking the Door, April 19 – March 22, 2000
Various conferences, seminars and retreats at Penn State University, Main Campus as well as branch campuses:
- Office of Human Resources Staff Retreat, PSU, Nov 21, 1994, The Art of Relaxed Work
- State College YMCA Wellness Series, January 1994, The Art of Relaxation
- Penn State Library Staff Retreat, December 1994, Stress: The Nutrition Connection
- PA Housing Finance Agency Annual Conference, June, 1997, The Art of Relaxed Work
- PSU Curriculum and Instruction Staff Retreat, May 1999, Staying Energized on the Job and Beyond
- Penn State Altoona Campus Women’s Health Symposium, March 2, 1999 Understanding the Mind-Body Connection
- Campus Colleges Staff Assistants Convocation May, 1999, A Holistic Approach to Health
- Penn State Staff Assistants Retreat August 5, 1999, Staying Energized on the Job and Beyond
- PSU Great Valley Staff Retreat, Malvern, PA, Sept. 1999, Nutrition and the Stress Connection
- Human Service Day, Lock Haven Hospital, Sept, 1999, Stress Management- The Nutrition Connection
- Schuykill County Women’s Conference Oct, 1999, Finding your Mission in Life
- PSU Staff Retreat Woodward, PA Oct 1, 1999, Nutrition and the Stress Connection
- Penn State Residence Life Staff Retreat, November,1999, Effects of Positive Thinking and Integrating Herbal Vitamin Therapy for Energy
- Educational Office Professionals Conference, PSU. May, 2000, Staying Energized on the Job and Beyond
- Educational Excellence for HealthCare Providers, PSU Conference, Nov. 8-9. 2000, Creating New Habits to Refresh and Energize Your Spirit
- Educational Excellence for HealthCare