Is working at home making you tired, stressed, and putting a strain on your body, mind, and family?
Typically only a small fraction of Americans work from home. Now that number has skyrocketed as we shelter to stop the spread of the coronavirus. For most people currently working at home in the pandemic, there is a whole new set of challenges to face.
Here are some Do’s and Don’t’s to survive working on the computer.
- Try to work in an unprepared space.
- Fail to ask for what you need.
- Patch together short term solutions.
Prepare your new work area!
- Create a dedicated workspace — one you don’t have to break down each day.
- Arrange for fast broadband internet for reliable connections video conferencing, and multiple users.
- Choose an App to track your time.
- Decide with family on a signal for when you’re not to be disturbed.
- Get a comfortable chair that’s good for your back.
It’s been said that “Sitting is the new smoking.” Yes, it’s that bad for you.
Take care of your body!