There is a lot of misinformation circulating about the Coronavirus. Here’s what we know as of now, as well as our recommendations for a holistic approach and supplements for your immune system.
Coronavirus Update 3/19/20
- It is highly unlikely that you will get the virus if you are under 60 years of age and do not have a compromised immune system.
- The goal of handwashing and avoiding crowds is to CONTAIN THE SPREAD to the elderly, immune-compromised, and others at risk.
- Most people who get the virus have mild symptoms (hence the spread) and do recover.
Even if you don’t have symptoms, you may be spreading the corona virus without knowing it, as it can live on some surfaces and in the air for hours and days. Follow the CDC and local government safety guidelines to protect yourself and others.
- Virus can travel 6 to 10 feet when airborne
- Virus survival times on various surfaces:
- Fabric is not conducive to virus survival, but laundry detergent does kill it
- Plastic or steel: 3 days
- Copper: 4 hours
- Cardboard: 24 hours
- Virus can live in droplets produced when someone sneezes or coughs for up to three hours
- The virus’ ability to infect people drops sharply over time
- Handwashing, thoroughly (at least 20 seconds) and often
- DO NOT touch your face