- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1-2 avocados, smashed
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 gluten free pizza crust, according to package (I made my own with Bob’s Red Mill so it was more like a flatbread)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, mix chickpeas and olive oil. Spread out over a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 20-30 minutes until chickpeas are browned and crispy.
- In the meantime, mix avocado and lemon juice and set aside.
- Prepare gluten free pizza crust or flatbread so that is warm when the chickpeas are done. You will need to time this according to whichever crust you are using.
- Once the chickpeas are done, toss with chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Take warm pizza crust out of the oven, spread avocado mixture over the crust and top with roasted chickpeas and slice onion.
This has become a new household favorite!!