I am obsessed with this recipe!!! It is so versatile. You can use any alternative milk, nuts, and/or fruit.
Wet ingredients: Mix together in a bowl
- 1 can (13 oz.) full fat coconut milk PLUS 3 oz. water (or you can use 2 cups of alternative milk)
- 1 egg (or Flax Egg)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
Dry ingredients: Mix together in another bowl
- 2 cups oats (I use organic rolled oats)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/4 cup crushed nuts of choice
- Fruit of choice (if using bananas, be sure to slice them)
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8X8 glass pan.
- Cover bottom of pan with fruit.
- Add dry ingredient mixture on top of fruit
- Add wet ingredient mixture on top of oats. Wiggle pan to ensure the liquid mixes through. Do not stir!
- Place in oven for 45-60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Oven temperatures vary, so be sure to check it at 45 minutes.
- I drizzle the top with a few tablespoons of maple syrup. So yummy!
- This is a good thing to make on a Sunday so you can have breakfast for the week.
- My favorite recipe so far has been banana and walnuts. Other ideas are red raspberries with pecans, or blueberries with cashews. YUM!