Bone broth has been around for centuries, but it wasn’t until recently that this healing food has made it into the mainstream. Well-known experts such as Dr. Axe, Dr. Oz, and Dr. Mercola have helped bring this highly nutritious food into the limelight.
Bone broth is made by simmering bones and marrow, including ligaments and tendons, for an extended period of time. The resulting broth offers a tremendous concentration of healing compounds such as collagen and amino acids. Bone broth also contains minerals; magnesium, calcium, and others that are easily absorbed. This is why chicken noodle soup has been a traditional remedy for illness over the years.
Making bone broth at home is easy, but most people don’t have the time. And you can’t rely on store-bought broth because of the many uncertainties about the ingredients.
So how do you incorporate this awesome food in your diet?
We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Ancient Nutrition so we can provide Bone Broth Protein* to all of our clients. This is the same protein powder that has been advertised by Dr. Axe!
Each serving of bone broth protein provides 20g of protein PLUS:
- Collagen Hydrolysate (15,900mg per serving)
- Chondroitin Sulfate (1,256mg per serving)
- Over 19 amino acids, key minerals, hyaluronic acid and glucosamine
These key ingredients help:
- Digestive Health
- Joint Health
- Immune Function
- Healthy Skin
- Alleviate Inflammation
- Cleansing & Detoxification
Easy ways to incorporate this superfood:
- Add a scoop to your smoothie in the morning. Starting your day off with optimal protein will help you stay full longer, improve mental focus, and reduce fatigue.
- Add a scoop to your favorite yogurt. I like to mix 1/2 scoop of chocolate with plain 2% Fage Greek Yogurt.
- Add a scoop to hot water. The chocolate (obviously MY favorite 🙂 ) mixed with hot water makes a really nice afternoon snack with 20 grams of protein!
- Add a 1/2 scoop to your morning oatmeal. You can use vanilla or pure flavor with cinnamon and berries to increase your protein and stay full longer.
We currently have chocolate, vanilla, and pure. New flavors such as coffee, banana cream, apple cinnamon, and greens will be available next month. Be sure to check our online store!
Please note: The collagen can cause clumping so make sure you dissolve or mix completely to avoid this.
Angie Redmond, BS, NC
Certified Gluten Practitioner
*The source of protein is from chicken bone broth and is 100% natural, dairy-free, soy-free, grain-free, nut-free, gluten-free.