With the increase in social media there are always articles telling you what you ‘should’ and ‘shouldn’t’ be doing when it comes to weight loss. One of my biggest pet peeves is that these programs are not catered to individual need, and keep people in the vicious cycle of losing and gaining. I’m going to keep this blog brief since I’ve written numerous times about the other aspects of weight loss. As a practitioner, I too am tired of all the misinformation that comes along with internet ‘research’.
Here are a few ways that I work with my clients:
- Letting go of expectations! You can’t keep labeling things as good and bad or using words like should and shouldn’t. These patterns of thinking will cause you distress and make you feel like you are ‘in trouble’ if you aren’t following what you think is good for you. And in reality, your diet will never be perfect!
- You HAVE to make changes! You will not attain your goals if you are not willing to make changes to your current lifestyle. Losing weight is more than what you are putting into your mouth. Educating yourself on what works for you and your lifestyle are essential elements in reaching your goals. Continuing to do the same things over and over will not provide you the new results you desire.
- You always have a CHOICE! You are the only one in control of reaching your goals! Yes, sometimes it takes some coaching but ultimately, at the end of the day, you are responsible for you!
- You have to move! There should not be ANY weight loss program out there telling you that you don’t have to exercise to lose weight. I call phooey! As humans, we are meant to be active every single day. I’m not saying that you need to sign up for a marathon, but some type of exercise is needed. This is important not just for weight loss but also for bone mass, healthy heart function, and hormone balancing.
- Last but not least CONSISTENCY!! Personally, this has always been the hardest one for me. I know many of you get frustrated when you don’t see results in the first month but you need to remember, your metabolism didn’t get here overnight. If you are not consistent with what you are doing, then how does your body know what to burn and what to store as fat?
If you are frustrated with your current method or plan, here is how working with me is different than what you’ve ever experienced in the past.
I will help you with:
Accountability: I offer accountability to every client I see. Some need more than others, but I can modify my support based on individual need.
Educating: I am motivated to teach you what you need to know about your body and what works for you. I am very passionate about educating you about the importance of whole food nutrition and making sure your body is being provided what it needs for the best results.
Testing: I will provide you the opportunity to look at underlying metabolic issues that can be contributing to your inability to lose weight. This simple blood and urine test will look at nutrient deficiencies and fo