Well, you’re not alone!
In any given year 15% of the population will experience an anxiety disorder, 10% will experience major depression, and 1% will experience bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.
The mental health staff at University Park alone sees in excess of 2,500 students each semester and 40% are diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.
But here’s the thing. The causes of anxiety can be very different for different people, and therefore effective treatment would be different.
Through functional testing, our TRIAD test, we can evaluate the following possible reasons for anxiety:
- Low serotonin from lack of tryptophan the building block for serotonin
- Enough tryptophan but not enough of the co factors to help your body convert it to serotonin
- Enough amino acids and cofactors but the wrong form of cofactors so your body cannot benefit from them. 50% of the population has enzyme issues that prevent them from properly using some key B vitamins.
- Imbalance in other amino acids that effect neurotransmitter
- Hidden infections in the gut, which cause excess serotonin, which strangely enough causes the same symptoms as low serotonin
- Hidden food allergies
- Inflammation of the brain
- Excess cortisol, the stress hormone
The health detectives at BeWell Asociates can help you discover the root cause of your anxiety and suggest safe and effective intervention.
I recently had a client, who happens to be a psychotherapist, tell me how relieved she is that she can finally quiet her mind. She has studied mindfulness, she has a daily meditation and yoga practice. But she was never able to achieve true inner peace What changed? We applied the results found through functional testing and fine tuned her diet and supplement program to reflect those findings.
Within two weeks her over all mood has settled down and its much easier for her to quiet her mind.
If you or someone you love suffers from anxiety,