Ingredients for the crust:
- 2 cups natural granola (make sure it’s gluten free if you are on a gluten free diet)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 quart vanilla coconut milk ice cream, softened
Ingredients for the topping:
- 1 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch (cornstarch can be used instead)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse crust ingredients until combined and granola is ground to crumbs. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray and press crust into bottom of dish and up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, stir together raspberries, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon water, juice of 1/2 the lemon, and 1/2 teaspoon tapioca starch.
- In another small saucepan over medium heat, stir together blueberries, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon water, juice of the other 1/2 of the lemon, and the other 1/2 teaspoon of tapioca starch. Simmer both saucepans of berries until berries have broken down and sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally with a whisk, about 10 minutes. Cool and pour each sauce separately through a fine mesh sieve into small separate bowls. Let sauces cool completely.
- Pour sauces into resealable sandwich bags. Snip a tiny amount off one of the corners of the bags. Alternating bags, pipe circles about 2-inches apart over the pie starting in the center and working outward. Drag a toothpick from the center of pie outward to the crust so that the berry sauces are pulled upward. Drag toothpick back in the other direction (from crust to center) about 2-inches away from the first line. Continue around the pie. Freeze uncovered at least 3 hours. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve. Serve with additional berries and any remaining sauces.
Adapted from http://www.yummymummykitchen.com/