- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese*
- 4 tbsp. olive oil or butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 egg
Note: I have added 1-2 tsp. of oregano, basil, and/or garlic powder to the dough for a change in flavor.
* Also, I have not tried this recipe without the cheese. If you are dairy-free, you may be able to swap it for a non-dairy cheese (like Daiya) but I am not sure the results will be the same.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all ingredients into mixing bowl and stir with a spoon until consistency is doughy and can be kneaded by hand (you may need to add more water or more flour, depending on consistency)
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper the size you want your want your pizza.
Place one piece on the counter, apply some oil to the paper, and place the dough in the center.
- Flatten dough with your hands and apply some more oil to surface of dough.
- Place the other piece of parchment paper on top of dough and roll out with a rolling pin until the crust touches the edge of the paper on all four sides
- Remove top parchment paper and use fingers to round out the pizza crust.
- Apply toppings
- Place pizza ON the parchment paper into oven (on pan or stone* if you have it)
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- When removing pizza, hold a pan in front of stone and slide the pizza on to pan.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Cut and serve. Yum!
*If you are using a baking stone, preheat oven to 375 degrees with pizza stone in oven.
From the kitchen of Angie