Supplements as good for you as high mountain air!
Hello from stunning Whitefish Mountain, Montana. So far I have seen two bald eagles, osprey, and had my first ever fly-fishing lesson on the Flathead River.
I am here for the third annual Glacierfest Nutrition Symposium. I have come to this meeting all three years, not only for the scenery but also for the rich exchange with like-minded practitioners of all kinds, including MD’s and DOs, chiropractors, acupuncturists, nurse practitioners, and of course nutritionists.
The word “symposium” comes from the Greek and means “to drink together, a social gathering at which there is a free interchange of ideas.” That is exactly what we do here, first informally in the wilderness, and then formally in the seminars…and then informally again over ice cold beers or other libations.
I love the exposure to new research, the stimulating discussions about effective therapies, and the many clinical pearls that I can pass along to you, my clients, to make your health goals more attainable.
The sponsor of this terrific meeting, Designs for Health, has emerged as my most trusted supplement company.
Let me tell you why. Early on in my practice I learned that my clients were not getting the good results I had promised them when they were purchasing their supplements from just anywhere. I discovered that quality matters. So I set out to identify the most effective supplements on the market. That’s when I started attending educational programs sponsored by Design for Health, back in the early 90’s. I liked what I heard, I liked what I saw, and I liked the results my clients were getting.
Here are some of the things that caught my attention:
- They follow Good Manufacturing Practices GMP’s)
- Manufactured in a pharmaceutical grade facility
- NSF certified ( National Sanitary Foundation) and audited regularly
- Careful and consistent identification of all raw materials coming into the manufacturing plant
- All raw materials are of the highest quality and certified free of toxins
- Each batch of every supplement tested by a third-party
- The minerals are in their most absorbable form (Albion Chelates)
- Free of synthetic Vita E, beta Carotene and folate
- Fish oils in the Triglyceride form for best absorption, and at 100% of the product
- B vitamins in the phosphorylated, or highly bio-available form
The list goes on and on. For a complete treatment of the topic click here.
The bottom line is that your results are only as good as the quality of the food you eat and supplements you take. These are the building blocks fo