Do you have foggy thinking?
Do you sometimes go into a room and forget why you walked in there?
It has happened to all of us, but if it is happening on regular basis it may be a sign of something more serious.
Heavy metal toxicity is on the rise, not just because there are more toxins in our environment, but also because we are often missing the critical minerals that protect us.
You might ask how do minerals keep us safe from heavy metals?
Quite simply, when you’re low in minerals, then heavy metals, the bad guys, replace them. For example:
- Calcium is replaced by lead. Lead often settles in bone, and can lead to osteopenia and osteoporosis. It also disturbs red blood cell formation and affects immunity. The most widely known impact is on the nervous system and has been linked to learning disabilities, poor motor skills, and speech, language and behaviour problems, in both children and adults.
- Zinc is replaced by cadmium, which tends to collect in the kidneys. This can lead to high blood pressure and peripheral neuropathy. Often, reducing cadmium through chelation, reduces certain kinds of elevated blood pressure and neuropathy.
- Magnesium is replaced by aluminum, which, has profound effects on the nervous system and has been linked with Alzheimers. Magnesium is also very important to energy production within the cells, and effects muscle tension.
SO double up on your mineral rich foods:
- Calcium: yogurt, Swiss cheese, sesame seeds, kale, spinach, turnip greens, arugula, broccoli, sardines, salmon with bone, almonds, white beans, soymilk, etc.
- Zinc: clean red meats, oysters, pumpkin/squash seeds, peanuts, dark chocolate, cocoa powder, crab, wheat germ, etc.
- Magnesium: almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, peanuts, lentils, dark chocolate, cocoa powder, brown rice, etc.
Did you notice all the nuts, seeds, and green leafy veggies?
Nutritionists generally consider chocolate cravings as a possible mineral deficiency, especially magnesium!
Should you want to know what your risk factors are for heavy metal toxicity, visit our website and order the following tests:
- Hair Analysis assesses your toxic heavy metal levels
- Micronutrient Test evaluates your mineral level through red blood cells, which gives you the 3 month average of your mineral status.