Have you ever wanted to detox in the spring but thought it was too complicated? Well, it doesn’t have to be!
Here are some simple, safe and effective tips that you can start right away to do some spring cleaning in your winter weary body.
- Drink hot lemon water first thing every day: add the juice of 1/2 of a fresh lemon/lime in warm/hot water first thing every morning.
- Add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper for more punch...most people find it replaces caffeine very effectively
- Jump on a mini trampoline for 5-10 minutes each day to get the lymph moving. This is your body’s “sewer system” and the more it circulates the better you can dump toxins.
- Massage with a soft dry brush before you shower or bathe. Use a circular motion and work towards your heart. Again, this stimulates the lymphatic system.
- Drink plenty of pure water..which means at least 1/2 your body weight in pounds = the number of ounces of water you need.This flushes away all the junk you release with your other detox activities. So if you weigh 140# you would need at least 70 ounces of water daily. Add some lemon, lime, or any fruit you enjoy to flavor the water. Make it interesting.
- Sip on dandelion or milk thistle tea. Both are powerful liver detox agents that have been used for centuries.
Pick one or pick all, but get started today so you can dump some junk!