- 1 butternut squash
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (optional)
- Cut squash into 1″ slices and place on a cookie sheet. Roast at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender (and juice carmelizes).
- Layer in a casserole dish.
- Sautee kale, onion, garlic, and vinegar. Layer on top of squash.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- You can also sprinkle with crushed pine nuts or pecans, instead of cheese. Yum!