- 2 garlic cloves or to taste
- 1 15-oz can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1-2 tb tahini (this is sesame seed paste, found with nut butters)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice- 1-2 lemons according to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I use the reserved liquid from chick peas for a lower fat variety, which I prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper to taste
- Lots of parsley- this is the KEY- I use 1/2 to a whole bunch of fresh for a batch.
- Throw all the ingredients into your food processor:
- Serve with crackers, raw dip vegetables such as carrots or celery, or with pita bread. You can cut the pita bread into thin triangles, brush with olive oil and toast for 10 minutes in a 400°F oven to make pita chips with which to serve the hummus. Makes about 3 cups.
From the kitchen of Monica