- 1-1/2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup*
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar*
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion. (I typically allow the meat to be a little pink since it will further cook in the crock pot) Transfer to a 3-qt. crock pot.
- Stir in the tomato paste, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until flavors are combined.
- Spoon mixture over a gluten-free bun or use a lettuce wrap.
*You may need to adjust the maple syrup and vinegar to your liking. If you want more tang, add more vinegar. If you want something sweeter, add more maple syrup.