- 6 to 8 slices bacon, diced, fried until crisp and drained
- 1 pound turkey tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 5 cups free-range chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- In a heavy skillet, cook bacon until crispy; remove with slotted spoon and set aside. In drippings, brown the turkey pieces, cooking for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion, carrot, and celery; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in broth, marjoram and the pepper. Stir in turkey mixture, bacon and the wild rice. Transfer to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low, 6-7 hours until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.