Ingredients for meatballs:
- 2 pounds organic, grass-fed ground beef
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup gluten-free ketchup (look for one that doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups Cranberry Sauce (or you can use 1 can of preferred brand)
- 1 cup gluten-free ketchup (look for one that doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, bread crumbs, parsley and onion. Mix with beef and shape into 1 1/2″ balls.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, chili sauce, ketchup, maple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Pour sauce over meatballs, cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until no longer pink.
Note: Can be served as hors d’oeurves or added to a gluten-free pita.