- 1 pound organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups organic beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add to a large crock pot. Layer with the potatoes, celery, carrots, and lentils. Combine the water, stock, salt and lemon-pepper; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until veggies are tender.