- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 lg. yellow onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup sweet curry powder
- 3 tbsp. crystallized ginger, minced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. minced fresh mint or 1/2 tsp. dried spearmint
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut creamer (or heavy cream)
- Place the chicken breasts in medium pan and cover with chicken stock. Cover and simmer until tender. Remove chicken from the stock, set aside and reserve 1 1/2 cups liquid.
- Heat butter in a large, heavy skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Blend in curry, ginger, cayenne pepper, mint and cloves. Add coconut milk and reserved chicken stock, cover and simmer 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add the chicken to the curry, cover, and simmer 1/2 hour. Mix in the lime juice and cream and heat, stirring, for 5-10 minutes.
Serve with steamed green beans, drizzled in sesame oil, balsamic vinegar or lemon, and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Adapted recipe from Penzeys Spices Holiday Catalog