- 1 lg. sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 lg. egg
- 1 sm. sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cp. Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¾ cp. Gluten-free bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add sweet potato and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain and mash or ship until smooth. (You can bake the sweet potato if you prefer)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ground turkey with egg, sweet onion, garlic, ketchup, mustard, and bread crumbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the sweet potatoes and stir until evenly combined. If mixture seems to wet, add more bread crumbs. Use hands to shape into a loaf and place in prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Slice to serve.
- You can substitute (or omit) the egg if you are unable to have them.
- You can use barbeque sauce in place of the ketchup. This will give the recipe a little kick.
- You may need to cook it a little longer, depending on how ‘wet’ the mixture was prior to baking. Just keep your eye on it.
Adapted from allrecipes.com