- 3-4 green onions, ends trimmed
- 1 large handful of fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 1 ½ lbs. of wild salmon, skinned and deboned
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (or brown rice)
- Using a food processor combine green onions, cilantro, lemon zest, salt and pepper until finely minced.
- Add the salmon and quinoa and process until desired consistency. (You can also cut the salmon up in small chunks instead of adding to processor for a chunkier dish)
- Form into patties and place on a plate. Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add a tbsp. or so of olive oil and place a few patties in the skillet. If pan is hot, it should only take 2-3 minutes per side to cook.
- You can also use tuna in place of the salmon.
- You can bread crumbs in place of the quinoa/rice for a more ‘cake-like’ dish
- You can also use any herbs/spices that you like. A few suggestions:
- Add chipotle chili powder and dress with sour cream or avocado
- Add fresh dill or basil instead of cilantro
- Add curry powder and dress with greek-style yogurt and cucumbers
Adapted from nourishingmeals.com