- 2 lbs. chicken breast (organic if you can)
- 2 cps. gluten-free bread crumbs
- ¾ cup flax seed
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup tapenade ( any flavor you choose)
- 13-15 kalamata olives (I have used a variety of olives. You can decide which you like best for flavor OR omit them altogether)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Note: (If you are unable to do dairy or eggs, you can dip the cutlets in water or egg substitute and omit the parmesan. This recipe is fantastic because you can alter it to fit into your diet. If you want to add more spices you can do that as well.)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Prepare the chicken by trimming the fat. (I cut mine into small ‘finger-like’ pieces which allows it to cook faster)
- Place bread crumbs onto a large plate or mixing dish. Add flax seed, parmesan, and spices. Mix well.
- Put tapenade and olives in a blender or food processor until smooth. ( If the tapenade you choose already has olives in it, no need to add extras unless you’d like)
- Get a medium-sized bowl. Mix eggs (or substitute) with tapenade puree.
- Have a clean plate ready to put the coated chicken on.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and then the bread crumb mixture. Lay on clean plate. (For extra coating, you can do this step a second time but will need more bread crumbs)
- When you are finished with step 7 lay chicken on a lightly oiled baking sheet. You can use a basting brush to go over the tops of them to give them some extra crunchiness.
- Put them in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Enjoy!!