- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds* (optional)
- 1 tsp. maca powder* (optional)
- 1 cup almond, coconut, hemp, or cashew milk
- Ice, if desired
Hemp contains all of the amino acids to form complete protein, making it an excellent protein source for vegetarian and vegans. The seeds are a great source of essential fatty acids and can be added to smoothies, salads, or eaten raw.
Boasting a strong, earthy, slightly butterscotch flavor, maca is rich in mood-boosting B vitamins, amino acids, and brain-boosting fatty acids. The root has long been used in traditional medicine to combat fatigue and to help balance hormones.