- 1 large (10″) easy gluten free pie crust, pre-baked for 10 minutes
- 1 large fresh tomato, sliced
- 1/3 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup feta or freshly grated parmesan cheese, reserve half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese, reserve half
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning , reserve 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules, or other garlic seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- Pre-bake pie crust as directed in a tart pan. If you would like, you can also brush pre-baked pie crust with an egg white mixed with 1 tablespoon of water and return to oven for 5 minutes to brown (This will make the pie look more like a regular “gluten” pie crust). Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup feta or parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, garlic seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on cooled, prebaked pie crust. Layer tomato slices over mayonnaise mixture.
- In another small bowl mix together remaining cheeses, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and gluten free bread crumbs. Sprinkle mixture evenly over sliced tomatoes.
- Place in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until cheeses have melted and tomatoes have heated through and roasted slightly.
- Serve tart hot or cold. I actually preferred this tart on the cool side. Can be used as an appetizer or a light main dish with a green leaf salad!