- 1 cup mashed bananas (or 1 cup pumpkin puree,mushy peaches or grated zuchinni)
- 1/3 cup oil or melted butter ( or applesauce)
- 1/4-1/3 cup honey or brown sugar
- 2 eggs or egg substitute such as frond flax, beaten
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts if desired
- I do this all in a food processor: Beat oil and sweetener together. Add eggs, process. Add bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Bake in greased 9x5x3″ loaf pan at 350 for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1/2 hour before slicing. Freezes well.
This makes a terrific breakfast bread, with coffee or tea or even as dessert.