- 12 oz cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh-squeezed is best)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- ½ tsp orange zest
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or raw sugar
- pinch Cinnamon
- Boil the orange juice and ginger on high heat.
- Once the liquid is boiling, add the cranberries. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the cranberries have burst.
- Remove from heat and add the maple syrup or sugar, honey and cinnamon. Stir and allow to cool. Refrigerate.
Notes: If you are using pure maple syrup you may need to adjust the amount. Gradually add to make sure the sauce doesn’t become too runny.