- 1 pound fresh chorizo sausage (Mine came from Over the Moon Farm. I took it our of the casing to make it loose.)
- 4-5 medium red potatoes
- 2 tbsp. onion, chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. roasted cumin powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. ground flax
- 6 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. coconut butter or olive oil
- Mix flax with water and sit aside.
- Wash, peel, and shred potatoes. I place them in a kitchen towel and wring them out to get rid of all excess water. I then place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add onion, cilantro, garlic powder, and cumin. Mix. Add flax mixture and stir.
- Add chorizo to a large sauté pan and cook on medium heat.
- In a different sauté pan on medium high heat, add 1-2 tbsp. coconut butter or oil. Once melted, add the hashbrown mixture to the pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the bottom starts to brown. Flip over and heat on other side for about 10 more minutes until browned. You may need to cook a little longer depending on how browned you like your hashbrows.
- Place a serving of hashbrowns in a bowl and top with the cooked chorizo.
This makes approximately 3 servings.
From the kitchen of Angie