- 1 tbsp. ground flax
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/8 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flax and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add almond meal, pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon and baking soda to a small mixing bowl or your food processor.
- Add flax/water mixture.
- Mix until ingredients form a soft dough.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add a large spoonful, about 2 tbsp. of mixture, to baking sheet. (You may need to smash them down a bit so they cook uniformly.)
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- I topped them with a little almond butter to add some protein and fat. You can use any nut butter.
- You can also add nutmeg and ginger.
Makes 12 cookies. Serving size is 3. Approximately 10 grams of protein in each serving!